Orthodontic Treatment Ankara
What is Orthodontic Treatment? Ankara Orthodontic Dental Clinic
Orthodontics Ankara is a branch of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of inappropriate positions of teeth and jaws. The most important step of orthodontic treatment is the complete diagnosis of the problem. Crowded teeth also pose significant risks to dental health, apart from problems such as disturbing appearance, speech disorder, and biting-chewing difficulties. Because, no matter how well people with this type of tooth structure take care of their teeth, they may encounter diseases such as caries and gingival diseases because they cannot clean them completely while brushing. Therefore, in addition to aesthetic concerns, orthodontic treatments are important in terms of oral hygiene and preventing potential oral and dental diseases.
Orthodontic treatment Ankara
It is possible to achieve tooth alignment at any age. Orthodontic brackets are generally applied to the front side of the teeth. However, advanced different techniques make it possible to place the brackets on the lingual (back side of the teeth). Brackets can be stainless steel (grey) or porcelain (white). Transparent plaque treatment, which is increasingly used today, is an orthodontic treatment method applied with less visible and removable splints without the use of brackets and braces.
How and Why Do Orthodontic Problems Occur?
The patient’s lower jaw being forward or backward, presence of skeletal disorders, or the person’s jaw structure being incompatible are some of the causes of orthodontic problems. As for how these problems occur; Examples of these are the factors that we think are effective in the emergence of orthodontic problems, such as using bottles and pacifiers much more than necessary, sucking fingernails or sucking fingers as a child. Early or late loss of milk teeth that occur at an early age can also cause such orthodontic problems.
Who needs orthodontic treatment?
- In cases where the teeth cannot be placed properly or overlap each other due to lack of space,
- Orthodontic treatment is needed in cases where the teeth are spaced very apart,
- In cases where the front teeth stand too forward and the lips touch each other,
- In normal bite, the upper teeth line up before the lower teeth. In cases where it is the opposite, orthodontic treatment is needed in cases where the lower teeth are lined up further than the upper teeth, which is called ‘cross bite’.
- If there is a large gap between the lower and upper anterior incisors when you bring your teeth to the closure, if the teeth are located too far from each other,
- If the gap between the front incisors are too open,
- If you have difficulty chewing or pronouncing certain letters, even though your teeth are not clearly crowded.
- If your child is over 4 years old and still sucks on a finger or pacifier,
- In children who have lost their milk teeth prematurely, especially in the 6-year-old group, in the absence of milk molars that fell out as a result of premature extraction or impact.
At What Age Should Orthodontic Treatment Begin?
Orthodontic Ankara treatment starts with early controls. Children around the age of 6 should definitely be checked. The eruption time and position of permanent teeth on the palate are determined by panoramic x-ray. Estimated onset time is constantly monitored by an orthodontist. Treatment can be started with the eruption of permanent teeth on the palate. In this case, the physical development of the child is also important. It is known that a child who is 6 years old sometimes shows 8-9 years of physical development and treatment is started. Or, on the contrary, bone and body development can be expected for children whose development is below their actual age.
Orthodontic Treatment in Adults
Although there is a lower age limit in orthodontic treatments, there is no upper age limit. Most of the time, individuals learn that they can be treated when they come with the worry of being late. We can see that people continue their lives by wearing braces in treatments that are not done on time for various reasons. There are even parents who wear braces with their children, as well as individuals who receive orthodontic treatment with their grandchildren.
Worries in orthodontic treatment of adult individuals start with not wanting to walk around with brackets and braces because they are in social life. People who have to talk constantly have concerns about tone of voice or not being understood due to braces and brackets. However, after a while, people get used to these materials on the teeth in the mouth and lead their lives normally. For individuals with low crowding, orthodontic treatments can be performed with transparent aligners over 20 years of age. The treatment is completed with transparent plaques with dates written on a series with the measurement taken from the patient’s mouth. In this treatment, although the patient carries out the treatment himself, he has to go to the orthodontist for a check-up from time to time.
What are the Orthodontic Treatments?
With the developing medicine and technology, orthodontic treatments can now be applied faster with a more aesthetic appearance. Treatments applied to move the teeth, enlarge the muscle or jaw structure can be mobile or fixed. Treatments performed by applying very little force to the teeth and jaws differ according to the presence of orthodontic problems. Commonly used treatment methods are as follows:
- Transparent Appliance: Transparent appliances, or aligners, which are one of the treatment methods without brackets and metal braces, are used in the treatment of crowding in the teeth. Appliances that the person can take off and put on by himself are an aesthetic treatment method because they are transparent.
- Bracket: In this treatment method applied with braces and brackets, the brackets are adhered to the tooth surface. Thanks to the braces passing between the brackets, force is applied to the teeth. Depending on preference, colored or transparent brackets can be attached.
- Fixed Space Maintainer: The fixed space maintainer, which is applied in cases where milk teeth are lost early, is placed in the tooth cavity until the permanent tooth erupts. Thus, other teeth are prevented from slipping into this cavity.
- Mobile Reinforcement: The mobile reinforcement, which is used to maintain the tooth position after the treatment, can also be used to quit the habit of thumb sucking.
- Jaw Appliances: This type of appliance, also known as a splint, is placed on the lower or upper jaw and the jaw is closed correctly. It is also used in the treatment of temporomandibular joint disorders.
- Jaw Enlarger: The jaw enlarger, which allows the enlarging of the upper jaw, consists of a plastic material that fits on the palate.
- Headgear: The braces attached to the front side of the head are supported by the tape at the back of the head. The development of the upper jaw is slowed down and the current position of the posterior teeth is preserved. At the same time, it is aimed that the front teeth go backwards.
How Long Does Orthodontic Treatment Last?
Orthodontic treatments can last between 1 year to 3 years, depending on their classification. However, biting disorders may prolong this period. It is necessary to use some materials before and during the treatment in order to shape the jaw into the desired shape in biting disorders. There may even be a need for a series of aesthetic and plastic surgeries called orthognathic. The jaw can be taken back by making it smaller.
At Dentia Oral and Dental Health Center, get to know our specialist dentists.
Koru Mah. Ahmet Taner Kışlalı Cad. North Star Plaza 4/L Çayyolu / ANKARA
TEL: 0312 240 41 90
MOBILE: 0543 240 41 95
Weekdays: 9:00 – 18:30
Saturday:9:00 – 18:30